Tuesday, December 26, 2023

My Grandmother Uses A Shoebox To Bake Her Christmas Box Cake

 My grandmother told me that she bakes her Christmas Box Cake in shoe boxes sometimes. Lucky for me, she was busy wrapping her christmas box cake when I went to see her yesterday. I've never seen this famous "shoe box cake tin." Surprise, surprise—there was a shoe box on her stove when I walked into the kitchen to make tea. When I looked inside, there were no shoes there, just cake bits.This shows that not having a tin is not a reason not to bake. Also, my grandmother bakes a lot in a cookie tin. She cuts seven layers of greaseproof paper to fit and sometimes adds two layers of tin foil (see picture below). Then she uses clothes pegs to hold the paper to the box while she pours the batter into it. She takes out the pegs and bakes her cake after the batter has settled.You can find her wonderful classic christmas box cake recipe here, along with pictures of how to make it.Notice of Ad In this step-by-step video, I use "plastic icing" to make snowmen on my grandmother's cake. 



You Can Watch It Here.

As a gift idea, you could make small christmas box cake that are unique to each person. How to lay the marzipan and make a name with royal icing are both shown in this post.

Chocolate And Cranberry Dream Cake

You thought I was going to make a small cake for two with just a little christmas box cake?

I found out the easy way that a cake baked in a 9" square pan can be stacked and cut into two big pieces.  For how many events in your life do you need just two slices of cake?  Every Monday? When you celebrate on Fridays?  Each day?  Let's do it every day.

It takes 2 cups of cake mix to make a 9-inch cake from a cake mix.  Try my Frosted Eggnog Cookies with the last cup of cake mix from the box.The rich cherry butter makes this cake feel like a dream.  After making my cranberry butter in the crock pot, I knew right away that it should be spread between layers of light, fluffy vanilla cake.  Did you make the cream cheese vanilla frosting?  Well, it's what I do during the holidays.

Recipes » Welcome to Home Small cake recipes that can be used to make 6-inch cakes

Chocolate And Cranberry Dream Cake

Date Posted: December 5, 2013 Date Changed: October 20, 2022 by Christina Lane There may be advertising links in this post. 43 ThoughtsGoogle+ Pinterest Twitter Email Reddit Cranberry-Vanilla-Dream-Cake-1 should be saved. You thought I was going to make a small cake for two with just a little cake mix? Sign up for Dessert for Two! Get the newest posts and more from Dessert for Two sent right to your email.This is your email...CONSIDER TO

I Agree To Receive Emails And Ads That Are Tailored To Me.

I found out the easy way that a cake baked in a 9" square pan can be stacked and cut into two big pieces.  For how many events in your life do you need just two slices of cake?  Every Monday? When you celebrate on Fridays?  Each day?  Let's do it every day.Recipe for a cranberry vanilla christmas box cake It takes 2 cups of cake mix to make a 9-inch cake from a cake mix.  Try my Frosted Eggnog Cookies with the last cup of cake mix from the box.

The Rich Cherry Butter Makes This Cake Feel Like A Dream.  

After making my cranberry butter in the crock pot, I knew right away that it should be spread between layers of light, fluffy vanilla Christmas Boxes.  Did you make the cream cheese vanilla frosting?  Well, it's what I do during the holidays.Cake-076: Cran-Vanilla-Dream I believe that adding dairy to almost any food makes it better.  Who's with me on butter, cream, sour cream, and cream cheese? But don't always be like me—grease your pan:



No comments:

Post a Comment

My Grandmother Uses A Shoebox To Bake Her Christmas Box Cake

  My grandmother told me that she bakes her Christmas Box Cake in shoe boxes sometimes. Lucky for me, she was busy wrapping her christmas b...